Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Leaving on a jet plane... or coming?

I can't remember! Last week was quite the Jet Setter for me.

Work trip in Canada, which was amazing! We spent the weekend enjoying economics, and freedom, and eating amazing food. We sat outside in a gazebo, smoking and discussing Cuban cigars, and how now, the only good ones are made in Dominican Republic. I also spent some time hanging out with a former prime minister who brought about the closest thing to a Utopia I think the modern world has ever seen... I think everyone in the room was salivating as he spoke!

Next was California, for my dear first roommate's wedding. We had a fabulous dinner at her fabulously italian inlaws home. Then off for an early morning flight to Nevada to visit my grandmother. Nevada is beautiful! yes it is almost desert, but the mountains and the greenery are breathtaking. My grandma, whom I sadly haven't seen in 4 years was a melancholic treat.

Back to California for wedding preparation, rehearsal and rehearsal dinner. Napa too is absolutely stunning. hills, and olive trees and vineyards with grapes ripe, hanging from the vines.

The wedding was beautiful, and the couple was so sure and happy. I was able to catch up with a dear dear friend. the next day i met with another friend and after he broke me into the house i was staying in ( i, genius that I am, locked myself out) we drove back into wine country and tasted wine, went to Taylor's roadside refreshments, yes it is a yuppie haven, yes it is a tourist cliche, but damn it is amazingly delicious, GO! We also talked lots of econ, as he is a grad student!

and Now I am tired, happy and home! I'll be honest I really missed being in the city, DC, and of course the roommates. But, it was so great to get away and taste some different ways of life.

and some absolutely amazing food!

1 Comments:

At Tue Aug 14, 09:52:00 PM , Blogger Jodi said...

you're a whore! :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home